Monday, December 13, 2010

HISTORY

I have always enjoyed Christmas Lights and never thought I would ever get involved myself in putting up the Light's. Every year my Santa and Christmas tree silhouette would be hung up on the bay window and that's as far as my Christmas Lights spirit extended. But then every Christmas I would see these amazing displays put up in Adelaide and I thought you know why not go for it.

Last year was the first year I ventured outside and strung up some Fairy Lights, then this year I decided to go larger, my hope is that the display can be enjoyed by the neighbours and the community, I mean what's christmas without the colour and the joy it brings.

I have really gotten hooked and have become a light enthusiast, it's now a labor of love that I look forward to each year, I am hoping to expand next year, but I really do enjoy a traditional christmas and that's why my light display features many Fairy Light's.

I know that LED is more energy efficient, well that's what I heard, and I have intergrated them into my display, but I will always be an old fashioned girl at heart, even if it is a pain in the rump to locate the blown bulb, lol ....

No comments: